Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So... It's Been a While...

Been quite a while since I posted something on this blog. Last Friday was a holiday, so we took the chance to invite some outside teams in to our school to play. I was feeling a bit sick on Friday, and I was mostly in bed during Saturday and Sunday. Friday's game was a pretty good experience even if we lost a lot of the sets, but we learned quite a few things. We were learning how to block by watching the spiker now, and how to receive. We shouldn't really be feeling bad about our lost because by failure, we learn. Well, I admit that I was getting frustrated because of my performance on that day, and I felt headaches and vomiting.

Moving on to practice today. It was basically the same practice like before, but we did a little game simulation towards the end of practice. One skill I didn't really get to do today was setting. Even though I was setting a little during practice, during the game simulation, I was playing a spot I played 2 years ago... open! Didn't do as well since now I'm not used to receiving the "first ball". Tells me that I got to be a more well-rounded player. I do like spiking at open though, it's actually quite fun.

*New skill we're practice this week.... umm. sprawling? It's something like diving, and the main objective is to prevent us from falling hard when trying to save the ball. Training for that is Definitely HARD because we have to be low all the time. Legs get sore and loses its usual fast movement, so leg power is something I should work with for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment