Monday, September 6, 2010

Another Monday Practice & Goals for this week

It's finally been one month since we started practice for Volleyball. During this whole month I think I've improved quite a bit in areas I wasn't that good with, such as setting and spiking. Practices everyday also helped me gained stamina, and now I don't get as tired easily since I'm more fit... Teamwork for our team is coming along pretty well, but as always, it can get better. If everyone could talk on the court and communicate more, then we can play as a much better team, and help people that might be lost.. hitting 2 birds with 1 stone!

Ok, so for the training today, we practically did the same thing we did last friday. Our team members suggested that it was a pretty good way of training, by doing more ball handling on the court and simulation of game situations. It is more interesting because it feels like we are actually in a game, so we can get used to it and play better in real competitions. I started off with setting practice and tried setting to various positions on the net. At first it was a bit hard since my fingers were a bit slippery.. (excuse.. -.-), but I got a lot better later into the practice.

Something that I was happy that I could actually try today was the quick, and the middle not so high set. I could finally try to use it in game situations, and I hope I can use it in the real competition also. I should practice more on quicks, so that our attacks can have more variations. Therefore my goals for this week will be to apply quicks and fast sets in the game we have on Thursday, and Friday (probably). Hopefully... we could win this time and let the team gain some confidence because we'll need enthusiasm for those 2 days. I guess this wraps up for today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment